Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Addison and Mimi!!!

Tomorrow is a very special day. Not only is it Addison's first birthday, it is also Mimi's birthday. This is a pretty cute story....The day that Rod and I found out that I was pregnant, I called my mom and dad and said, "Hey Guys, what are you all going to do for mom's birthday this year?" They paused and said that they hadn't really thought about it yet....remember, this was in January, and her birthday is September 8th. That was first event that I could think of that would be about nine months from the day that we found out....so then I said, "Well, why don't you guys plan to come to Knoxville that weekend to meet your new grandbaby." Well, of course I had no idea what my due date was at that point. After going to the doctor, I was told that my due date was September 20, so we decided that there wasn't really a chance that Addie would be born on Mimi's birthday. Jump forward nine months, on Friday, Sept. 7, 2007 my doctor called me while I was teaching and told me that I needed to be at the hospital the following day because they were going to induce, and I would be having my baby on Sept 8.....Little Miss Addison Grace was born on September 8, 2007 at 1:40 pm....Can you believe it?? Out of 365 days in a year, our daughter was born on Mimi's birthday. I guess you could say Mimi had a pretty good birthday last year! I think it is so neat that they get to share their special day! Little did we know when we called them that what we said would truly happen! Mimi and Addie are great buddies, and here are some special moments they have shared. Happy Birthday Addie and Mimi! We love you all very much!

4 comments:

Sally Akins said...

Dear Addison,

I opened your blogspot this morning very early to be the first to wish you a happy birthday. I was so ssurprised to find this precious video that your Mom created to me from you. Thank you! It made me cry. We have had so much fun this year. You are my buddy and I love you. You are a beautiful, smart little girl, and I am looking forward to celebrating lots of birthdays with you and the family. I hope you have a wonderful day today. Happy Birthday. I love you. Mimi

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Addison! That is such a great story! I didn't know your Mimi's birthday was the same day. How special and what a great gift. We can't wait for your party this weekend! Hope you guy's have a great day!

LeeAnn said...

Hope you partied like Rock Stars!! I still can´t believe a year has gone by so quickly......

Tara said...

How special! Happy Birthday to both Mimi and Addison! I hope Addie has a wonderful first birthday!